The richness and diversity of European cultures constitute an extremely rich heritage for the creation of a European identity, the main objective for the construction of a peoples' Europe. Personal stories teach us the importance of the details to get an anthropological view of places and social behaviours. At the same time, today there is a need to save everything that belongs to recent memory and that is not yet history. Moving images are the most captivating sources of personal stories. They include images produced by amateurs, filmed in private, where an intimate glance creates a fragment of "minimum history". The re-composition of a growing number of these fragments allows non-academic visions of contemporary history, which bring people closer through shared experiences, with a common syntax and a special use of language. The project aims to produce and distribute cine documentaries linked to the European identity produced by filmmakers from different European countries using material from home movie archives.
The project consists of:
- A public tender to select 12 filmmakers from all over Europe.
- A workshop with teachers and students from different countries about the production of cine documentaries on the European identity, starting from home movie material.
- A Film Festival on the European identity with a competition of cine documentaries produced by the filmmakers selected.
- A tour of Cine-Events on the European identity with the projection of cine documentaries.
- The promotion of the European identity through European schools, using the cine documentaries.
REGIONE DEL VENETO (Italy) - lead partner
CENTRO CULTURALE EUROPEO DEL VENETO (Italy)
THESSALONIKI CINEMA MUSEUM (Greece)
FIT MEDIA D.O.O. (Slovenia)
LATERNA MAGICA (Hungary)
Hungarian partners: Toldi Cinema, Super 8 Foundation, Filmmúzeum Television, Szuper 8 Festival, MOME, Szent László High School