Aiming in creating the infrastructure to support and ensure the sustainability of European Film Education, we have developed an Action Plan: FILM PATHS to be realized by a trans-cultural network. Greece - THESSALONIKI FILM FESTIVAL, Poland - SPOLECZNA AKADEMIA NAUK and Hungary - LATERNA MAGICA, will contribute valuable insight, methods of practice, experience and consultation while they will reassess and expand their own policies.
FILM PATHS I
- A) TRACING FILM LITERACY in Greece, Poland & Hungary: A 2-day conference for teachers, educators, academics, policymakers, education admin, psychologists and social workers discussing the status of film education in the targeted countries.
- B) THE FILM VAULT: An online film catalogue comprising of European dramas, docs and shorts and including an e-learning basis with teaching aids.
- C) FILM VAULT PRESENTATION & TRAINING SESSIONS: A seminar to introduce FILM VAULT to teachers, state education officials and scholars. Sessions designed to familiarize them with the morphological features of European films & their pedagogical potential.
FILM PATHS II
- A): STUDENT DIGITAL FILM PROJECT: Student groups producing a short doc film on the ways in which urban landscapes were re-shaped through major EU infrastructure projects. The documentaries will circulate and appear on the FILM VAULT platform to initiate a transnational dialogue.
- B): DOCS FOR KIDS & YOUTH SCREEN: Inviting students to European Film & Documentary Festivals with the purpose of instilling a passion for European narratives.
- C): TRANSNATIONAL REGIONAL SCREENINGS & PRESENTATIONS IN PENAL INSTITUTIONS, CORRECTIONAL FACILITIES & REFORM SCHOOLS: The prison system punishes offensive behaviors but offers little to replace them. Bringing film screenings & education material to institutionalized adolescents.
FILM PATHS III
FILM PATHS REVISITED: A major final gathering assessing the FILM EDUCATION ACTION PLAN’s effectiveness, overall performance and accountability.
THESSALONIKI FILM FESTIVAL - Greece
SPOLECZNA AKADEMIA NAUK - Poland
LATERNA MAGICA – Hungary
Hungarian partners: MANDA-National Digital Archive and Film Insitute, Budapest Film, Art+Cinema, Hungarian Head Teachers Association, Kino
Schools: Szent László High School, Kölcsey Ferenc High School
Winners of the Hungarian student contest: